Psychiatric residential treatment for preteen and teen boys, ages 11-18
Residents will learn healthy social, recreational and life skills needed to be successful in the community and at home. The Summit is truly the halfway point of a hike up a mountain, or a journey to recovery in our program, but it is the graduation point and what a patient should aim to achieve.
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Activity and recreation therapy
- Medication management
- Medical care
- Trauma-informed care
- Dietary services
- Evidenced-Based Practices
With a wilderness-based emphasis, we use elements of the following based on the individual needs of each youth:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Sensory Integration
- Leisure Ability Model
- Adventure-Based Model
- SAMHSA TRECK
- Aggression Replacement Training (ART)
- Conflict Resolution
- Managing Emotions
- S.E.L.F Model (Safety, Emotion, Loss, Future)
- Trauma-focused CBT
- Integrative Treatment for Complex Trauma (ITCT
Our treatment team is comprised of:
- Independent Psychiatrists
- Intake Coordinator
- Recreation Therapists
- Mental Health Specialists
- Independent Advanced Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Executive Team Oversight
7 Factors of Resilience
- Insight- An understanding of the motivation behind thoughts, actions or feelings
- Initiative-The ability to start something with the determination to finish it.
- Independence-The ability to make decisions apart from the influences of others.
- Creativity-The ability to “think outside of the box,” looking at things from a different perspective.
- Sense of Humor-The ability to find amusement in a situation that would otherwise be overwhelming.
- Values Orientation- You know what you believe and why you believe it. What is important and why it’s important.
- Relationships-A connection between people, which enhances your ability to cope.